Remember this post and my major disappointment? Well I am happy to tell you that my little garden did quite well. Not as well as I was hoping for, but well non the less.
The garden in July
The garden today!
What I found out there this morning.
It's not the baskets full of veggies many bloggers I read are getting from their gardens, but hey, at least I'm getting something. Right?
I have gotten so much squash! I give one or two away every time I see a friend. More squash than I can eat, and sadly I'm the only one eating it. Great big handfuls of cheery tomatoes, a few hot peppers (which are not hot at all) and a little surprise! I planted a Black Beauty Eggplant and as it began to grow said eggplant was white. I kept going out there waiting for it to turn that purplish color and every morning it's still white. I pulled out the tag the plant came with and sure it enough it said Black Beauty. Hmmm? I did a little research and come to find out I have white eggplants not purple. I'm guessing someone put the wrong tag on this plant. So far I have 3 good sized eggplant. I haven't tried them yet.
A little trivia for you: (I did not know this)
The hops are doing great too and they are going to make some delicious beer!
As we come to the end of the season, I feel a bit sad about it all ending. I don't have the patience to wait for the spring to start again so I decided to try some fall crops. Taking it a bit slow because this is the first time I will be planting in the fall. I've ordered kale and garlic (and I may get more). I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Do you plant fall crops? What has been successful for you?
Looks wonderful! Save some squash for me. :)
ReplyDeleteGarlic is a favorite around here! So easy to grow (if you can remember to plant in the fall). Also brocolini is delicious and grows easily.
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks really pretty :)
ReplyDelete