First day of Middle School
First Grade
Fifth Grade
Another school year has begun. After all three left this morning I got that "I'm all alone pit in my stomach" every year the same thing. It's a strange feeling when you are with them 24 hours a day, seven days a week and then BAM! they are gone all day. I know in a day or two it will feel normal and I'll start enjoying the time I have to get things done, especially grocery shopping. I really do not like grocery shopping with the kids. Honestly, I don't like shopping for anything with them. We always spend more and they WANT EVERYTHING. So getting errands done kid free will be nice too.
I am also planning to volunteer again this year and do some "spring" cleaning, which I started today-J's room. I did a major cleaning, organizing, and planning for some new things in his room. I also bought him a shoe organizer for his closet and put it together myself! Let me just tell you, that is major! I never put "things" together especially furniture. That's what my husband is for! But I did it and you know what, it may be silly, but I am super proud of that! I also took down curtain rods that have been curtain free in his room for years because I bought these shades that I like as the window "treatment". Proud of that too! What a great feeling and keeping busy helps with that icky feeling.
Tomorrow - Shopping for a rug for his room!


Well done with the shoe rack and curtain rods! Enjoy the time. Mine are off today and Mama is staying home so we can hang out. See you soon for coffee? :)
ReplyDeleteA looks so much like you! I want to go through The Boy's room when he finally gets back to school
ReplyDeleteWow, you were very productive. Recently I put together a standing lamp from Ikea, which would also usually be my husband's job. He was quite surprised to find me there with the booklet, screws, etc. Keep up the skill-stretching work. :)
ReplyDelete