Last night my friend's mom passed away.
Today I've been sitting in silence doing quiet work and thinking of her. My sorrow is much deeper than I anticipated. I have know my friend and her mom since 1978, and although we were once close, we have drifted apart these last 7 years or so. I didn't think it would hurt as much as it does.
Mary was too young to die.
She died from cancer that consumed her body.
She didn't deserve that.
So today in her honor I will sit quietly and send thoughts and prayers their way. Especially to my friend whose heart I know is broken. Who I know loved her mother with all her being. Who I know is in a very dark place right now.
At times such as these I wish there was something I could do. I want to go to her house and hug her but I want to give her her space. I want to call but what can I say that will make any difference?
I once took a mediation class and the instructor taught us a meditation in which you imagine all your love in your heart, and you hold it there and let it build. When you're ready you send it, you imagine it with your minds eye traveling right to that person and entering their heart.
I haven't done this meditation in many years. Today I will be sending all my love straight to Crissy. Maybe, just maybe she'll know I'm here.

So sorry for your loss. It's amazing to me how--even with friends I've drifted away from--a loss like that can really hurt. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Meryl.
Deletemy heart is breaking too. I hope you'll go to the funeral. It looks like A and samantha in that pic. xoxox
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you as you grieve for your friend's mother and also with Crissy and her family. Your meditation sounds healing.
ReplyDelete