A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vegan Goodness Days 3-6



image source

While I continue on my 30 Day Vegan journey, I've come across some sites and books I have found myself visiting often.  It is difficult for me to be a vegan after a life time of eating animal products.  I long for some cheese, an egg, a hamburger.  Yesterday afternoon I was hankering for a tuna fish sandwich.  I could not stop thinking about eating a sandwich, so I had one.  Tuna is a fish, mayonnaise is eggs.  Ugh!  Utter fail.  But today is a new day and so far so good.  (I'm not sure why, but I have and still am craving tuna fish sandwiches for weeks!)  Weird.  Does anyone know why a person would crave tuna fish??


Anyway to get back to my point; the sites and books I began mentioning above are helping to keep me on track, increase my enthusiasm, have delicious recipes, and, well, I enjoy them!  

Books:

The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone is by far my most favorite vegan book.  I also like Chloe's Kitchen

 I visit the following sites each day:


Most, if not all the site are ones recommended by Heather.  There may be one or two I found on my own.

Other than the tuna fish fiasco, I've done well.  Making my own veggie burgers, eating lots of roasted vegetables, steel-cut oats, fruit, hummus and cucumber sandwiches  - one of A's favorites, and several of the recipes I mentioned in this post.

Be back in a few with more "vegan news".

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! In more ways than one . . . I wasn't vegan on our 3-day weekend but am back at it this morning. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shel, they have something called Veganaisse. It is really good. I bought it at the health food store ... It tastes even better than mayo! You should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of it and was planning to get it because I've found a few recipes that call for it and I'm getting tired of using hummus as my "mayo". Glad to hear it taste good! I was a little worried!

      Delete