As I prepare my meals each day, I think, is this going to get boring? How much variety can I get from eating vegetables and fruit every single day for every single meal? How do people do this for their entire lives?
I was reading the comments on one of Alicia Silverstone's post from The Kind Life and a commenter wrote she has been a vegan for 20 years! What? 20 years? Here I am trying it for 30 days knowing there is an end date in sight. Not that I am complaining, I'm not! I am not counting down the days, I just know that this is a 30 day experience and I can make the decision at the end to continue as a vegan, go back to the way things were, or make healthy choices while eating meat and dairy. Which is truly all I really want anyway, to make healthier choices. I can picture myself a vegetarian for life, I was a vegetarian years ago and I feel there is more variety/choices and some vegetarians even eat fish. *But fruits, vegetables and legumes for the rest of one's life? I'm not sure I can do that. However, I'm not bored yet or dying for a cheeseburger, so I'd say, so far so good!
I don't have any recipes to share today but I do want to share my "go to" lunch, which has been a tortilla with hummus and chopped up veggies and kalamata olives. Easy and delicious! And I even have added some chopped up left over veggies burgers which gives it a nice taste and adds a different texture. I'm hoping to pick up some vegenaise this week to switch things up, you know instead of hummus on everything....
Off to eat some Sunbutter on flax seed bread. YUM!
*(I know there is more to it than that, but I haven't ventured much beyond the veggies, fruit and beans)
No comments:
Post a Comment