A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Album


Here is the second album I made several weekends ago.  This album was also designed by Peggy.  (Remember this album?)


The cover is made with handwoven paper.

Here I can record "Ten Things I love about the Holidays"



Vintage inspired paper and buttons to make a banner.  I love the confetti type paper at the top.



A fabric pocket with tags for pictures or journaling.



Here is my favorite page in the book.  We made this page by gluing layers of newspaper together till it was sturdy.  I really like this technique and will probably use it again.  Notice the page I chose to be my focal point?  Do you see the owl at the top?

Once the page was dry we dry brushed it with white paint on one side and black paint on the other side.


Here is the back side of the newspaper page.
The page on the right was made by weaving wider pieces of paper similar to the cover.




The smaller red rectangle with the black and white flower on it is a small book you can pull out.  It can be used for pictures and journaling.

Here is how you can take it out.  There is a pocket behind the black and white polka dotted paper.

Here it is without the smaller book.

The smaller book on it's own.

Oh and do you love the pom pom trim on the outer edge??  I do!

I love this book and had a great time putting it together.  

What do you think??

4 comments:

  1. jtkallay@yahoo.comDecember 06, 2010

    omg...how pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shelley,
    you did an awesome job! thanks for sharing.
    hugs and more
    peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Peggy! I truly enjoyed it and I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean! It is pretty isn't it?

    ReplyDelete