Do you ever have one of those days, weeks, months, where you let everything pile up because you're too darn lazy to do some of it each day so it doesn't become so overwhelming that it sends you into a panic of epic proportions?
No? You don't do that??
Well for some God forsaken reason I do. (Although I used to be the most organized, clean, OCD person I knew, I don't know what's happened??)
Today my house is messy, I mean really messy. The kind f messy that requires decluttering, floor washing, toilet scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, bed making, toys picked up kind of cleaning.
And the laundry, oh my the laundry.
The laundry is in the basement, hence the grossness
And paperwork. Ugh! Who invented paperwork?? I would like to have a talk with that person, today! I have a pile of Girl Scout registrations that I may just drown under.
Oh yeah, and I'm angry! Do you ever get angry at people when they promise to do something and then they don't? Something that will make your life a little easier? Well that happened to me today and I'm angry. I'm angry with the chick that said she would take over the registrations for me so it's one less thing I have to do while I work on my Montessori Teaching Degree. She "can't" do it now. It will have to wait until the spring. SPRING? I can't wait that long!!!
I had a Brownie meeting last night and all the materials, books, supplies etc we used are still sitting in my wheely cart (yes I'm a huge dork and I have a wheeling cart), and it all needs to be organized and put away.
I have to remember to move the Elf each night. Does anyone have The Elf on the Shelf??? If you do then you know what a delight and pain it can be. The kids love it but almost every night I forget to move him! Twice I've had to get up in the middle of the night from my warm comfy bed to go down the stairs in the freezing cold so I can move him and my kids can look for him and be surprised in the morning. Thanks to the pain, I mean person who invented The Elf on the Shelf.
Oh and one more thing, I still have a million presents to buy for Christmas and it's already the 8th!!
Please someone help me. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Ummmmm. relax you monkey :) hehehe Love you!
ReplyDeleteshelley,
ReplyDeletei totally know where you are coming from, but take it from experience - IT DOES NOT MATTER!!! love the post - take it easy and enjoy the moment!!! the gifts will get bought (i am still doing chanukah gifts and wrapping and technically chanukah is over!!!)
i cannot find ANYTHING in my scrap room and i have three laundries to fold right now....and i did not even start baking for my cookie trays i always give out, etc etc etc
and guess what - i am leaving it all to meet a friend for lunch...
so enjoy it all
hugs and more
peggy
Hi Peggy,
ReplyDeleteI know, you are right. It doesn't matter. It's taken me almost 8 years to realized it's more important to spend time with my kids then to make sure the house is clean and organized! On this particular day it just got overwhelming. But today I am happy, the house is sorta clean and the Girl Scout registrations are done! Thank goodness. Talk soon, Shelley