Before I show you the newest mini books/scrapbooks I made two weekends ago, I wanted to revisit the book I promised to show you months ago. Remember my friend Michelle had it? I have it back now and took pictures of it to share with you. The book is mostly white and because I suck at taking pictures you can't really see the true beauty. Everything looks sooo bright! Anyway, I'll learn some day how to use my camera.
This book is called A Very Vintage Glovely Book. The designer/creator my friend Peggy of the book (and kit) had a vintage white glove on the cover with some other embellishments such as buttons. I liked the look of a more simple cover so changed mine to include a vintage doily and flower. The book is also made from a "real" book that we tore the pages out of and sewed in our own. The outside of the book was altered with paper and paint and finally embellishments.
I really love this book. Peggy's sample included pictures of her family and I know I can do the same but I find every time I make one of these books (that are really like a piece of art), I just leave them as is. I may or may not add pictures, I'll have to wait and see if the mood strikes me. I think for me it would have to be just the right kind of pictures, and what that is right now I don't know?
What do you think of this book?? Isn't it gorgeous!?!
shelley
ReplyDeletei LOVE what you did with your book. it is wonderful. thank you for sharing it. have a great holiday.
hugs and more
peggy
Very pretty! You should def. put photo's in it!
ReplyDelete