A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome Home Kiki

Welcome little one!  As you can see she has made herself quite at home.  She is a sweet little cuddle bug.  However she does have your typical Chihuahua characteristics.  We've learned to not get to close to her face.  This lessoned learned after I was giving her kisses and she bit my nose!  I still love her even if she let me know kisses are not her favorite.  Now the kids kiss their hands and then touch her.  Best approach for this little princess.

She and Mogley are doing great together.  It's pretty much I'll ignore you, and you ignore me and things will go on splendidly!

Morning cuddles

I'm smiling because I'm so happy to be home

Meeting Mogley for the first time

More morning cuddles

Night time cuddles with my forever mom.

Kiki has seen the vet here in CT.  We brought her packet from Arkansas, they made their copies, and the Veterinarian gave her a clean bill of health.  He agrees with the estimated age, some where between one and half years of age to three years of age. She was a very good patient and the Dr. told me even more about Chihuahua's.  Did you know that a Chihuahua fontanel never fully closes?  He also talked about how fragile a Chihuahua's legs are, and had a talk with the kids about how if she is dropped, or we step on her, that her legs will break.  Her legs are about the size of pencils!  He also said every time a Chihuahua comes in for an emergency it's because they have broken their legs from being dropped.  Poor little Chi's.  

She is simply scrumptious and we all love her, even The Husband, if you could see the love in his eyes...... (and it took me years to convince him to get another dog and now he's completely in love.  See sweet husband of mine I told you it would be worth it!)

2 comments:

  1. congrats! How does she like the chickens? Glad Mogely is ok with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, your dream came true!!!!

    ReplyDelete