One School, One Book is yet another reason why I love the school my children go to. I truly believe each year it gets better and better. Many of the changes and fun activities taking place may be because of the principal that joined the school a few years ago (it does appear to be even better since his arrival).
Many of you may have heard of One Town, One Book, maybe your town does this? (Ours does). I love the fact that this idea was brought to the school. My children are avid readers and I think this will be a fun way for them to enjoy and share books with classmates and faculty. Another great way to create a school community.
The first chapter of The World According to Humphrey, was read by the principal at a school wide assembly, a "schedule" was sent home for each chapter (weekends off), each day at school there are trivia questions, prizes to win, and other activities.
They also have recordings of each chapter being read by a different faculty member on the school website!!!
Oh my goodness, I am in love.
What fun, right?

I Love this idea!
ReplyDelete