One day while I was perusing the book store I saw this blanket draped across a chair and I fell in love. In love. It was big and thick and had these nice soothing colors. As I was fondling it, the owner told me it was a class given by a local knitter and was I interested in signing up? Well of course! Can't you see how I love it so? Sign me up now!
The first class was a color class. Because the blanket has four colors instead of three, the teacher felt it would be good for all us to come in and work with some samples of the colors available. She said it was much easier to match two or three colors, but when it comes to four it's a bit more difficult. She was right. It was very hard to find four colors that were complimentary. I was surprised by how difficult.
I'm really into orange right now (and that may have been my downfall) so I started with orange and went from there. I genuinely love the colors I chose, but together I'm not sure I positively like them in this blanket???
What do you think?
I like the way the colors interweave. Orange isn't my favorite, but it brightens the other colors. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love it! It looks so cozy. I think the colors are great. But, I can see why it is a bit scary for you because there is so many variants in one piece.
ReplyDelete