A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Recent Drawings by C

One night C and I were sitting on the couch.  I was making some notes for the week, a to do list, etc. when C asked me if he could draw in the notebook I was using and could he also use my pen.  

Well of course little man!  He got to work while I did other things around the family room and kitchen.

When I came back into the room he asked me how to spell crusty.  I sat with him and saw he had drawn SpongeBob, Patrick, and was working on the "Krusty Krab".  He had already written "crusty"  I told him that the cartoon spells it with a K (and that it was not the correct way to spell it) but yes he wrote crusty and correctly!  He then began to sound out the word showing me how he figured out the spelling of crusty.  

Wow!

He has really been into the alphabet, writing the letters, and repeating their sounds since he started Kindergarten. (Much more so then when he was in preschool. Which is developmentally appropriate.  Which also makes me question why they teach letters and sounds in preschool?????)  I've also noticed he has been asking me to spell just about everything.  Sometimes he spells words and asked me if he is correct.  

C is my third child. 

I've worked with hundreds of kids.

And everyday of my live I am blown away by the workings of a child's mind. 

Children are amazing! 

One day:
They are born these helpless, tiny, little creatures and then::
they wake up and smile
then they laugh
then they crawl
walk
talk
run
build
draw
imagine
go to the bathroom on their own
ride a bike
spell words
read
and so on and so on.......


This is Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents.  I thought I'd include him because how could I not??  Do you see how he drew his buck teeth!?! His baseball hat?? 

Tomorrow some art from J


3 comments:

  1. It's *so* crazy how fast they learn. Like, even in just a few days sometimes. Can't get over the miracle of it all, and I hope I never do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, especially the spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children ARE amazing and if we sit back and let them, they can teach us so much!

    ReplyDelete