Basically, when you find a Letterbox you are supposed to stamp your own "book" with the stamp you find in the box, and then stamp the book you find in the box with a personal stamp, either one you've made, or one you've purchased. So pretty much its "I stamp your book, you (letterbox) stamp mine".
Originally we were going to make our own stamps but time got away from us and before we knew it, it was time to go Letterboxing. I asked the girls to bring a stamp of their choice.
This was the girls first time Letterboxing and sure I could have asked them to bring their own notebook too but I thought it would be a little more special if I made a book for them.
I used Kraft paper, my woodland stamp set, and ink. Then I sewed the stamped image to the front and the white Kraft paper to the inside making a book.
I think they are super cute and I think the girls liked them too!
P.S. We were unable to find any Letterboxes! Can you believe that?!? We plan to go in the Spring and try again (of course that will be after I go on my own and find all of them just in case!)
When we were letterboxing more, I found that it was a lot hit and miss. But it is really fun when you find one. It's also a fun game to play when traveling. A lot of people hide them at rest stops and such, so it's a great "break from the car" activity.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know they are other places other than trails! Fun!
DeleteOh, Shelley! These are amazing .... Make any extras? (hint hint)
ReplyDeleteSorry Jean, no extras. But I can make you one.
DeleteGreat notebooks! My letterboxing co-leader says that lost boxes happen. :( Were you in the park in your town that my troop went to? It was quite a hike, I understand, to find those. Good luck in the spring.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jamie. I'm hoping for some luck in the Spring. I'll email you where we went. Could be the same place!
DeleteSuper cute! Letterboxing is fun. I am sorry you couldn't find any!
ReplyDelete