A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Crafty

I'm overjoyed to have had some time to get down to my "Craft Corner" and create.  I'm  working on projects from spring and summer.   I'm behind as usual, but I'm OK with that.  A scrapers work is never done!  Nor is there a chance to catch up. (I've finally come to terms with that fact)

Anyhow, here is a Spring mini book kit created by Danielle.   It's not finished just yet, but it's full of lovely spring colors, quotes, ribbons, and flowers and I absolutely love it.  I will post pictures of each page once it's done.


And this is My Summer Manifesto.  This one I created during Your Summer Manifesto e-course given by Kelly at Perched to Fly. I participated in the e-course 3 weeks in June.  I did complete the journaling, a collage, and a few other things during the course but I'm still working on making the book a little more special.  There is also still many pages to fill so I've been thinking I'll keep this one as a summer journal/art book.  I'll use it each summer until it's full.  The cover was inspired from this pin I saw on Pinterest or should I say I pretty much copied it??  P.S this moleskin journal was a free gift The Husband received at a conference.  Score!



Pages I'm still working on 


I am also working on the kids school scrapbooks.  I've been filling in all the info, getting drawings, and interviewing the kids about last school year.  Thank goodness they're young and it's still pretty fresh in their memories!  I usually update the school scrapbooks during the first week school is out.  This year I started just before school started again.  But like I said, they still remember and help me get that information down.  The school pages are a kit created by Becky Higgins.  I have three sets of the page, stickers, etc. and two albums (from here) for each child.  My mom bought them for me (about 6 years ago) and I am so thankful!  Because otherwise there would not be any school albums (and probably no scrapbook pages about school either!!)  


Organizing pictures too.  
What a daunting task trying to remember every event and dates!


Here is all the non-scrapbooking things I want to keep, such as programs from recitals, certificates for each belt J received when he was taking karate, some art work, etc. I'm trying to find some way to organize and store the items for each of the kids.  I like the idea of these boxes but want to hold one in my hands to feel it's weight, sturdiness, etc.  If anyone has a storage solution for me, please share.

I'll be back tomorrow with a little project I did last week for my Brownie troop.  Can't wait to share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment