A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Vegan and Going Strong

Well I've surprised myself and am still going vegan! I'm doing even better then before 30 Day Vegan ended.  I was a little unsure with my last post about being a vegan, feeling a bit overwhelmed that maybe I couldn't live the rest of my life "this way".  I don't know what happened, but after I received the last post from Heather I continued to make vegan choices!  I'm not hard core, but I think I could get there.  The idea of 80/20 or 90/10 works for me.  I like having the option of eating meat or dairy if there are no other choices such as at a party or restaurant (and of course I need my splash of milk in my coffee!).  I had such an experience this past weekend.  I went to a party and beforehand I privately emailed a friend who would be there and asked her if she thought there would be anything there I could eat.  She gave me a list of what food were expected to be served and I decided instead of making something to bring or walking in with my frozen veggie burger, I would make the best choices I could while there. I ended up having a bit of meat, some potato salad, and that was my 10%.  No problem, no guilt.  


The only downside is the family is not vegan but I am doing pretty well working around their meals and making mine vegan, it's not as hard as it seems.  (I noticed The Husband making some different choices too since we watched Forks over Knives!!)


I feel good, although very tired.  Not sure if it's the changes in my eating, my children who are home all day now and how busy we are, or maybe something is going on with my thyroid? (I have hypothyroidism and maybe my medicine needs to be adjusted. I have an apt in a few weeks so I'll know then if it's the thyroid.)


Anyway, that's my story.


Off now to wrangle my kids and keep them from killing each other.


Have a great day my friends!

1 comment: