Things are still progressing along nicely only a few mishaps. Ahem. (Those pesky, but delicious m&m's and a fish sandwich. OK, what is going on with the fish??) And yes Michelle, m&m's are not vegan!
Today is day 26 and it's starting to get old for me. I'm missing cheese and when the family is eating chicken or some other meat I find I am really wanting a taste. Sigh..
I honestly wish I could make being a vegan a life style especially after watching Forks over Knives. But until I get the will power or something happens in my life that will convince me to be vegan, I don't see it happening. I tried before to switch over to a plant based only diet and I'd go to a party and try that appetizer with bacon, or there's nothing to eat in the house but hot dogs and I say to myself, "OK, it's the hot dog or starve" and there is no way I will starve! I like food way too much.
I'll keep doing my best day to day and see what happens.
Tonight we're going to have Vegetable Shepherd's Pie. I found the recipe in an old Rachel Ray magazine under her Meatless Monday section. It looks so yummy, I can't wait to try it. Lots of vegetables, rice, and beans in this one.
Only 4 days left.....

OOOh, do send along that recipe! Looks great! As for veganism, think 80-20 or something. You have to be able to live with it. I won't give up cheese completely (or ice cream!), but I can do without it most of the time without much effort. I think it's great you made 26 days!
ReplyDeleteYou really are doing a great job - it must take so much will power to change your diet that drastically! I bet you feel really good though? I've been meatless for over two months now - but I don't think I could ever give up cheese :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're doing awesome! I think it would be particularly hard when the people around you are still omnivores, so well done one you!
ReplyDelete