A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Author's Night

On Tuesday night, J's 4th grade class had a special night, Author's Night.  A night where the kids read out loud stories and poems they wrote themselves during this school year in front of an (small) audience.  (the classes were split in half and we went to different classrooms were approximately  9 children read )


They record their work into a blank hardbound book and illustrate it too.  

Waiting to start and joking around with his friends 



He did a great job.  In the beginning I could tell he was nervous but then he relaxed and even smiled during it! 

We are so proud of him.  We are bursting at the seams!!


How did that little baby that I was head over heels in love with become this almost as tall as me 4th grader???


P.S.  As the children were reading, I noticed how proud the parents were of their children.  One dad especially.  He was so proud of his son you could see it oozing from him.  I couldn't stop smiling the whole night!

1 comment:

  1. Those books are so cool! What a treasure to save!

    ReplyDelete