A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, May 21, 2012

30 Day Vegan




Today is the first day of Heather's 30 Day Vegan online workshop.  Thank you Jamie for signing me up! I'm looking forward to eating vegan and simply for the next 30 days.  I did the 30 day vegan last summer also.  I really liked it and looked forward to Heathers posts each day.  I tried many of the recipes and felt the best physically I have ever felt.  Now if only I could always eat this way, but when the bacon calls, I come a running.  Sigh.....


Although it's not really hard for me to eat vegan, it does feel like extra work.  My family is not on board with being vegans f0r said 30 days that means I'm preparing two dinners each night.  I can swing maybe 3 meatless meals (including Meatless Monday) in a week and just omit any non-vegan ingredients for myself.  It should help.


Today I'll spend some time planning meals for the week.  I noticed quite a few recipes the morning I can't wait to try!


Have you ever been a vegan?  Have you participated in Heather's workshop in the past or currently? I'd love to hear how things went for you and your favorite vegan recipes.


I'll be back with with menus and how it's going overall.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested to hear how this goes for you. I've been vegetarian at various points in my life, but I don't think I could live without cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese is more of a temptation for me than bacon, even when I wasn't a vegetarian. It's probably what keeps me from being vegan most of the time!

    Be interested to see what you cook. For me, it's less about her specific recipes and more about reframing my view for a month.

    ReplyDelete