A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Hope all you moms I know and don't know out there had a great Mother's Day!


Mother's day this year was low key which is just what I like.  The Husband took me to a Beer and Food fest on Saturday and we stayed overnight. We had a nice relaxing time and enjoyed some very delicious beer.  Came home early to hugs and kisses, flowers and poems and promises of breakfast in bed next weekend.  Thank you Auntie K for helping out!


We also went to my sisters (soon to be a momma!) house to spend time with our mom.  We had a picnic on what turned out to be the most beautiful day so far this spring.  Perfect temperature and blue skies.  Next year there will be three mommas to celebrate!  Who will do all the planning then?  My sister said if we leave it up to the men we'll end up at a bar!  HA!  She's probably right.


But now Mother's Day is over and the days go on:


This time of the year with school and extra curricular activities ending can be quite challenging to someone like me, who needs order and control (and prefers to stay at home).  I'm trying to look at and take it one day at a time but find it daunting when I look at the calendar and there isn't a day without something that must be done for the schools, dance, baseball, Sunday school, and I volunteered to do Junior Achievement for J's class one day a week for the next five weeks.  Now I'm wondering why I did that!  It feels as if the list goes on and on.  


Longing for warm, leisurely summer days.....


  



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend. I'm ready for some nice slow summer days myself!

    ReplyDelete