A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Break - Day 3


  • We began the day by taking care of some errands.  Once we were through, I surprised the kids with a trip to the bakery for a hot chocolate.  I wish I could have bought them a treat while there but with C's allergy I can't take any chances.  As I'm sure most of you will agree buying for two and not for one is wrong, however, the other two will tell you it's quite alright because I can give C something special once we get home.  Nice try, but no.  They were OK with it once I had them think about how it would feel if they were the ones not getting something and C was even with the promise of a treat once we got home.  They saw my point.
  • Wishing today I had a small camera I could carry in my purse.  If I had such a  camera I could have taken pictures of them while they enjoyed their hot chocolate and I my coffee at the bakery.  It also would help to record some of those moments when we're not home and a large camera is inconvenient; walks, library, the bakery, just to name a few. Any suggestions?
  • We finally spent a decent amount of times outside.  Yes!  They played leap frog, tag, basket ball, rode their scooters, and caught a bunch of butterflies, white, orange and black, and yellow.  All delicately inspected and then released. I enjoyed watching and listening while I read my new book Inheritance in the warm sun.  
  • I love the sun.
  • Samoas for dessert - Delicious!
  • It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment