A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Break Day 2

First, I'd like to say we had a much better day today.  Thank goodness!



  • For Breakfast I made multi-grain flapjacks. The recipe is from my friend Liz.  She taught an after school enrichment cooking class at the kids school.  A took it and when they were done they received a cookbook of all the recipes they made during the classes.  When the kids have a sleep over I try to make a "special" breakfast.  Home made flapjacks was A choice.  She chose since it was her friend that slept over.  They were very yummy I must say.
  • We took spring break on a spring cleaning adventure today.  A was my inspiration.  After her friend left for the day she went in her room to clean and was up there for quite sometimes.  I went to check on her and she cleaned up our sleep over blow up bed, put clothes in the laundry, took out her spring/summer clothes and was putting her winter ensembles into storage, made a pile for the Good Will, and de-cluttered. She is most definitely my daughter! 
  • We then moved onto our art cabinet, checking markers and keeping those most vibrant, throwing away used and crinkled up paper, organizing pencils, colored pencils, markers, and crayons.
  • More cleaning and organizing occurred but I don't need to bore you with the details.  But I will say A was doing so much cleaning up I had to tell her to take a break!  She is only 8!!  
  • It feels so good to have everything clean, organized, and in it's place after yesterday.  And Jamie you were right, it would get cleaned eventually and it did.  I'll keep that in mind this week as they continue to live and play all day while they are home.
  • J had a fun day with his friend E and his dad playing mini-golf and having lunch out.  He then spent some time at E's house.  (Even after 5 years of having 3 children it still amazes me how the dynamics change when one child is busy some where else.  It's weird how quiet it is.) 
  • We played outside for a little while today.  The kids are really having issues with the bugs and being "bored".  I don't understand how they can be bored?  I remember entertaining myself all the time.  There wasn't a day I didn't play something I invented, I read, I wrote stories, I played with my dolls, barbies, and sometimes I'd just lay in the grass and think.  I never asked my mom what to do.  What has changed?  Technology?  They have too many things and can't make decisions?  Did I do it to them???  Should I be entertaining them?  I don't think so.  But I wonder.....
  • This is a staycation for us so I hope they find some sort of balance to their days while we're home this week.
  • Made a delicious balsamic chicken and roasted veggie dish for dinner. Yummy and healthy!
  • Worked out - I haven't written about this here yet, but The Husband and I are in the beginnings of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution  and I L.O.V.E. it!  I really like Jillian Michael's and her workouts.  We've also done 30 day shred and Ultimate Yoga.  She kicks my arse almost every night of my life and I love it!  Yes I do. 
  • We have no plans for tomorrow so we'll see where the day takes us......



No comments:

Post a Comment