*Warning - Super negative post. Close window now if you had a good day.
- We began the day relaxing in front of the TV watching Shake It Up and Victorious. I with my coffee, the kids with their breakfast.
- And then all hell broke loose:
- Went outside early because it was supposed to be a hot one. All three kids freaking out about the bees so inside we came. Tried to go outside several more times and each time someone was hurt. First C fell on the deck and cut his leg open, the next time we tried to go outside J dove on the ground while trying to catch a butterfly and pulled a muscle in his back, and finally A fell in a pile of dirt and got it in her eyes and all over her face. I gave up on going outside.
- @ 2:00 A's friend came over for a sleep over and things began to get a bit better. They set up a house for their American girl dolls and then ventured outside where they made potions with toothpaste, glitter, and lip gloss (I think?). It smelled and looked pretty. Now you have to know that this is a big step for me because normally making potions, and in effect messes, would have sent me right over the edge. I held it together. J and C played video games.
- I read my book Graveminder during the down times and by that I mean the times they weren't fighting, crying, or asking me for food.
- The Husband made homemade pizzas for dinner.
- Trying oh so desperately to not lose my mind because of the messes everywhere.
- All in all not such a great start to our spring break and it's my birthday. Yup, good times.
- Ending the night with a much needed glass of wine.
- Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Sounds like it ended well after a rocky outdoor beginning. The house will be clean again next week . . .
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie, It did get a little better and you're right it won't stay messy forever.
DeleteHappy Birthday Shelley! I hope you have a better day today :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Lil! So far so good today
Delete