A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, April 23, 2012

Poetry

Although April is almost over, I was so inspired by Jaime who wrote many post this month on or about poetry for National Poetry Month.  I searched for some poetry books here at home (realizing we don't have many!) and found Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy.


C and I read it last night before bed.
Lots of cute ones in here.  Silly and fun and not too long for a 5 year old. C's favorite is Bubbles.




Bubbles

I like to play and splash and sing
When I take my bath
But it's the bubbles that I make myself
That always make me laugh!



Yup, it's about gas (or faarrrts as likes to say).  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my kids will love that one! Don't know his poetry, only his early standup fame. I'll have to look for that for next year. How is poetry month almost over?

    ReplyDelete