A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To My Foodie Friends: A Cookbook Challenge

My dear friend Liz whom I mentioned here, is starting a Cookbook Challenge on her blog FoodJules:

"Aside from all the various cookbooks I have on the shelf, I also have a HUGE three ring black binder that I put together many years ago with my favorite recipes. Well, I think it’s time to clean it up and share the best recipes with you. There have been many meals that I’ve made that aren’t in the cookbook so I need to add those in there too. All in preparation to one day, maybe, write a cookbook. Maybe."


"Well, for now, you will enjoy all the ups and downs of going through this big black book. I will cook the recipe, grade it, take a photo and share the best recipes with you. Then, I’d love it if you tried to cook it and sent me your comments and your grade to see if you agree. Take the challenge with me!"


How fun right?!  I can't wait to do this!  Liz's husband is a vegetarian so I wonder if she will include recipes that can feed both the vegetarian and meat eaters in her house?  I can imagine this is quite a challenge to say the least.  I had a bit of a taste of it myself when I did the 30 day vegan and my family was eating meat!!


 some of my cookbooks.  
please do not be jealous of my beautiful wallpaper and chipped paint.  
someday I'll have a nice kitchen.  someday.........


Anywho, take a look and let her know if you plan to participate to help her find the best recipes!


Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelley, I discovered your blog and would like to be in touch. I´m enter the cookbook challenge, BTW. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete