A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

J's Super Late B-Day Party

J's Birthday party was last month and here I am just getting around to posting about it.  I like to look at it as 'better late than never".  Anywho, the theme was "Indoor Camp-out".  Indoor because I'm lazy, didn't want to be cold, and I'm afraid of the wild animals that roam my yard at night, and believe me I know they are there, I've heard them!


Camp J
I made a birthday bunting using old scrapbook paper, large foam letters, 
and then sewed it all together
a super awesome tent large enough for 4 boys (borrowed from a friend)
make your own trail mix
watching Star Wars
eating a camp-out dinner (hot dogs, chips, etc)
roasting marshmallows in the fire place
(I promise it was very safe The Husband and I were right there)
my campground cake with the killer worms 
(obviously I am no cake decorator!)

bed time
creating a camping adventure book
A little photo shoot before everyone went home.

The boys had a great time!  It was a successful party and I'm thrilled J was happy with his party and spending time with his best friends.














4 comments:

  1. That is my kind of camp-out - not that I'm afraid of the wild boars that roam our woods at night or anything ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a such a great party, and a great cake as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually did a similar party for my two older boys recently, and we had such a blast. We made mud pies (the chocolate kind) to mimick the ones that the boys make so often in nature :)

    ReplyDelete