How do I organize my yarn, needles and notions? I'm embarrassed to say not so well at this time. Since I began knitting I have yet to find a spot for it all. First I stored all my yarn in a plastic bag (the type that you purchase a new quilt or blanket in) in my closet. I also used a wicker basket for the yarn I planned to use sooner than the rest. Now all the yarn is in my craft space/playroom still in the same huge bag. I plan to move some things around and make some changes in that space soon. Still working on some plans.
Another issue I have is my dear friend Lorin gave me a huge amount of yarn she had and wasn't using. Which is so totally nice and generous and so cool! The one problem is most of it did not have it's label so I have no idea of it's weight, the yardage, and even what it's made of. Some I can figure out by just looking at it or touching it, others I'm at a total loss.
As for the needles, I found this really cool bamboo vase at an art store. When I saw it, the first thing I thought was that would be perfect for my knitting needles and that is where they live. Again, they are in the craft/playroom waiting for a permanent place.
I keep my notions in a bag which sits in the bag I keep my current project in.
Once I get things figured out I will post pictures. It won't be soon because I have BIG plans for the craft/play room which includes not just moving furniture but also painting so it'll be awhile.
As for how I keep track of my projects, well that's what I love about Ravelry! Not only can you meet people with the same passion and find patterns, you can also organize your projects, with pictures and details of the yarn, needle size etc. You can find me on Ravelry - user name shellber.
Here are the pictures from a past post I included in My Knitting Diaries.
My yarn!
My knitting books at the time I took this picture. (I have more now) I know, I know!
Here is the bamboo vase I mentioned above. I really love this piece and it was only $5!
Tomorrows topic "Where are they now?" Whatever happened to that piece I knitted for_______?
I'll be back later today with my review of Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw, for the Kitchen Reader.

No comments:
Post a Comment