Chocolate Crinkle - Top Cookies
This week I'm combining Sunday Sweets and The Kitchen Reader.
The cookies we made this week are my all time favorite cookie to make during the Christmas Holiday. Many years ago while I was working with a group of toddlers, Nicholas's moms made me a batch of these cookies and they were so darn good I asked her for the recipe. She wrote it down for me and I have made them every year since. I believe it's going on 12 years now!
I realized some years later that these cookies are in many cook books, but that first time I ate one I thought they were so different than anything I had before and they were unique to me. Years later I saw them in two of the cook books I had collected.
Anywho, I love them!
As for The Kitchen Reader, this months "assignment" was not to read a book but to post our favorite Holiday recipe. When I read we were to post about our favorite holiday recipe, Chocolate Crinkle-Top Cookies were the first thing that came to my mind, not the roast beef or the mashed potatoes, no it was the delicious chocolate cookies.
I let the kids roll them into balls and then into the powdered sugar. They mad them humongous!
As always - Delicious!

These look delicious! Sweets are always the first thing I think of when someone asks me about a favorite recipe.
ReplyDelete