A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, December 20, 2010

Meatless Monday


Pizza 
(again)

Today I had some appointments and couldn't make it to the grocery store and back in time to get the kids off the bus from school.  So I thought I'd let them decide on dinner and I'd take them to the store to help me shop.  J said he wanted something that was "Christmasy" so we thought of food that looked like Christmas.  Not easy I tell you.  J came up with candy cane pizza.  Oh, kaay? 

Anyway, I shouldn't have been surprised when they picked regular pizza but I was.  

~sigh~

They were very cooperative and  quite helpful in the grocery store, each carrying their own basket and collecting what I gave them to look for.  Very cute!

By the time we got back home they were starving so we quickly put the pizza together and  got it cooking!


We put some basil leaves in the center to make it "Christmasy", red sauce, green basil leaves, red and green, "Christmasy" right?  

From their faces I would say they liked it.  Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment