Tonight we had:
Yummy Potato Soup
(yes that is the name, I promise I did not make it up)
From this cookbook:
*Sorry this is the best picture I could find on line.
This is not one of my favorite cookbooks. It was an impulse buy from Borders. There it was sitting on the shelf with all the other books for $4.00 or less. I couldn't help it because as you know I L.O.V.E my crock pot! But I should have known, with it being only $4.00. Many of the recipes do not call for fresh ingredients and far too many use the cans of "cream of this" and "cream of that". YUCK!
Anyway, the soup was really good. Potato's, onions, carrots, the recipe called for chicken stock but I used vegetable stock, half and half and then you add cheddar cheese at the end. I gave the kids croutons to add to it thinking maybe the crunch would have made it more attractive. They love croutons so they ate all of those and a spoonful or two of the soup. I think C really liked it but he was too interested in what candy he was going to have after dinner that he barely ate! A did OK and J didn't like it at all. (I think I may have seen him gag once or twice and I don't think that is why they call it Yummy Potato Soup because watching him gag was NOT Yummy!)
I guess I would say this Monday was 1/2 successful.


Yum! I'm having potato soup for dinner tonight! So good :)
ReplyDelete