A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meatless Monday


Bagels!
On the first night of Meatless Monday as you may recall, I gave the kids left over pizza.  I did not plan very well and was too lazy to do more than that at the time. Anywho, as we discussed some options for Meatless Monday that night, C had suggested bagels.  Evey Monday since he has suggested bagels.  So we had bagels.  We each chose our own toppings.  

Daddy chose EGG AND CHEESE 

A decided on plain CREAM CHEESE with the bagel open

 J wanted SUNBUTTER with the bagel open

C chose SUNBUTTER with the bagel like a sandwich

And I had this!  
An everything bagel with lots of veggies and cheese.
Recipe from the Pioneer Woman.

What do you like on your bagels?

2 comments:

  1. Shelley, your bagel looks delicious. The Pioneer Woman is awesome, isn't she?

    I read your previous Meatless Monday post and want to encourage you not to give up. We started Meatless Mondays a year ago and had a bit of a rocky start too. Since then I have started cooking from scratch, gotten my family to eat loads of vegetables, and tried things I wouldn't have dreamed of prior. Nowadays we are more likely to eat meat once a week rather than cut it out once.

    Have you seen Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook - Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food? That's how I started down the long road of getting my kids to eat vegetables - by pureeing them and then adding to our meals. They had no idea! Gradually they acquired the taste for them and we moved on to actual whole vegetables. Cut small at first, but now I can put things like a pile of squash on their plate without any trouble.

    If you need some Meatless Monday inspiration, come check out my blog. I host Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays every week. It's a blog carnival where others link their recipes and Meatless Monday stories.

    I'd like to invite you to add yours! Here's the latest carnival:
    Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays {No.4}
    http://midnightmaniac.com/post1706

    Hang in there!

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started Meatless Mondays a few months ago. It was rough getting started but I'm getting the hang of it and might try doing it for two days now. This bagel sandwich looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete