A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Homemade (sorta)  Pizza.

The husband was not home for dinner so I was being my lazy self and decided to make my life a little easier by reheating our homemade pizza from the other night.  I know, I know, not a very good start to Meatless Mondays, considering I wanted to have the kids involved in the decision making and cooking.

I did have the kids brainstorm what we could make for Meatless Mondays starting next week.


Here is the list they came up with:
  • pizza (they had to start some where!)
  • vegetable soup
  • pasta with different toppings such as tomato sauce, butter and cheese, and puttanesca sauce  (Yes they said puttanesca sauce)
  • lasagna
  • ravioli
  • salad
  • egg salad
  • pancakes
  • bagels
  • grilled cheese
  • veggie burritos
  • potato pancakes
  • quesadillas ( Knock it off Napoleon, just make yourself a dang quesa-dilluh!)
  • baked potato's with different toppings
  • macaroni and cheese

I may not have planned anything special for our first Meatless Monday but the kids didn't seem to mind, there are no more leftovers!

1 comment:

  1. Do you still do Meatless Mondays? We tried but never actually consistently land our meatless meal on Monday. It's usually breakfast for dinner. Can't wait to share cookbooks. You might like "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker"--fresh ingredients and crockpots!

    ReplyDelete