Anywho, we had a small gathering of family and friends at our home. I planned some crafts for the kids to do, we ordered pizza, Nana made delicious homemade cupcakes and C was thrilled to have his friends over.
I set the table up to start with a craft. We made I Spy Halloween bottles. I filled a small Halloween gift bag with all kinds of Halloween related items to place in the bottles. Such as:
- orange, black, and purple beads
- pom-poms in Halloween colors
- small rubber rats
- a small skeleton
- bones (from a necklace I cut apart so we had a bunch of separate bones to place inside)
- Halloween confetti
- a pumpkin eraser
- black spider
- and other things I can't remember right now
We used Gatorade bottles because the opening is larger than your regular water bottle, helping to fit all those goodies inside. We used black beans and red lentils (which are really orange). Luckily I had a set of funnels from when I was working and they were a huge help in getting the beans in the bottles.
I can not take all the credit for this super terrific activity, I got the idea from PinkandGreenMama. If you like do crafts with kids she has great ideas. Before she became a mama she was an elementary school art teacher.
After everyone finished their I Spy Bottles we moved on to making Spider Webs. I honestly can't remember if this was my idea or I saw it somewhere recently? This kind of freaks me out, this not remembering thing! Oh well.
The spider web is a simple but pretty cool project. Just take black paper plates and make small slits all along the edge. Tape a piece of white yarn on the back and begin wrapping the yarn around and around placing it in the slits as you go along. Viola! Spider Webs! Some of the kids even put small black plastic spiders we had left over from the I spy Bottles on their webs.
Then we had pizza and cupcakes!
C at four years:
- always happy
- easy going
- loves his brother and sister
- enjoys preschool
- L.O.V.E.s being active and playing sports
- plays well alone
- likes Legos
- wants to be outside as much as possible
- drinks chocolate milk at breakfast everyday
- sleeps with his head at the foot of the bed
- has a few fears (which may be why he sleeps with his head at the foot of the bed)
- not very interested in books and crafts
- lovable and cuddly
- really likes animals
- has no fear
- doing well with speech and speaking more clearly every day
- sings all the time (Train's Soul Sister is his favorite)
- loves when family comes over
- likes T.V. - SpongeBob is one of his favorites
- doesn't like to eat meals only wants snacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- cheez-its are his favorite
- kisses me goodnight first on my lips, then on my nose, and then both of my eyes
- he is as sweet as pie and we love him with all our hearts and soul
Happy Birthday C
Uncle David told him to use his teeth, and he did!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment