A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meatless Mondays


Vegetable Stew

From this cookbook:
Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes & Gardens)

I thought it was delicious (but I LOVE vegetables), The Husband made faces at me behind the kids backs, A and C ate the cheese off the top, and J left the table.  Good Times.

So again, not as successful as I had hoped.  Meatless Mondays is just not going my way!   We can't eat cheese quesadillas every Monday!!!  But I will not give up!  These stinkin kids will like vegetables! They will I tell you!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley, do your kiddo's like eggs? Do you think they would enjoy a quiche or a strada? You can use all different kinds of veggies in these types of dishes.....sundried tomatoes, spinach, red peppers, broccoli etc....My significant other is a big meat eater and I'm so bad at cooking meat...So I find myself making vegetarian meals that he and I both enjoy. Also, lentil soup with a nice crusty bread is a favorite of mine :-) Good luck with your meatless Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lil,

    yes sometimes they like eggs. however i just found out that i am allergic to eggs so i'v been avoiding them. but i think you're right, i'm going to add those two dishes to our list and see how it goes. i can always have something else. thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete