Why do yarn companies tie two pieces of yarn together in the middle of the skein? Why? Why do they do this? You are knitting along enjoying yourself immensly when you feel a lump run over your finger. You look and it is a knot! You then start saying things which humans really should never say when there are small children around. You then take the knot out, curse the company that made the yarn, and now have to essentially join a new yarn, which I never like doing.
Oh, but it can get even worse! How about when you buy two skeins or more of a yarn and you match the dye lots over and over again to make sure you have the same number on all the skeins. You start knitting, oh, lets say a leg warmer. You complete the first leg warmer and begin the second with a new skein of yarn of the same dye lot. You are knitting along and you take the first leg warmer out and place it next to the one you are working on now. You look at the two together and you begin to curse and say things that will surely send you to hell. They do not match! The colors are different. One is brighter then the other! How did this happen? Didn't I check the dye lot a hundred times since I picked up the skeins? Didn't I?
Now I have to go back to the store and pray to God (who is now angry at me for cursing so much) and try to find a matching skein. Ugh! Lessoned learned. I will never buy skeins of yarn solely on the dye lot number. I will also place those skeins next to each other in the store and stare at them till I am sure they are the same color or I go blind. Either way this will never happen to me again.
I will not mention the brand of yarn for fear they will stumble upon my little blog and begin to curse me. However, they will be receiving an email from me about their mistake!! And maybe I'll ask them why they tie the yarn together in the middle of the skein? Check your dye lots carefully people! Very Carefully.

you seriously crack me up.....still LOVE the blog. And patiently awaiting my first knitted piece by my dear friend. I can't believe I had to pay someone on Etsy to get something handknit...gosh (saying it like Napoleon)
ReplyDelete