A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday J and Coffee Cozies for Friends and Family!

It is my first-born's birthday today.  He is eight years old!  Eight?  How did that ever happen?!?

J celebrated with his class today.  He shared one of his favorite treats - chocolate chip cookies.  He had his favorite meal for dinner - chocolate chip pancakes.  Do you see a reoccurring theme here?  And after dinner he opened his presents from mom and dad. 


A chocolate chip pancake bigger than his head!

A homemade chocolate fudge tunnel cake.

The best part - presents!!



J at eight years old ::
  • Loves legos
  • Reads chapter books (right now he is reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series)
  • Enjoys chocolate
  • Loves when family comes over
  • Is ecstatic for sleepovers (at our house or at the home of a  friend/family)
  • Enjoys a good sports game every now and then
  • Really likes animals and plans to be a zoo keeper when he grows up
  • Is an excellent student
  • A good friend
  • Lovable
  • Kind
  • Sensitive
  • Generous (except about donating unwanted toys to the good will, we're working on that)
  • A very good big brother
  • Enjoys video games (entirely too much)
  • Writes/draws in a journal
  • Loves a good laugh and finds many things hilarious!
  • Laughs out loud at cartoons
  • Will eat one of whatever vegetable we are having.  For example, one kernel of corn, one pea, one bean.  You get the point.  And then tell us yes he did eat some of his vegetables.  OK?
  • Likes to be cozy.  Prefers to be in his pajamas all day
  • Is a homebody
  • Has a favorite stuffed dog he named Steven
  • And received his first love letter today from a classmate.  (nearly made my heart burst, it is so sweet)
He is a great kid and we couldn't be prouder!

Happy Birthday J!  We love you!




Now for a little bit of sewing ::

I love this coffee cozy pattern from houseonhillroad.  It is so simple and fun to make.  You can use any fabrics (it's great for remnants) and you get to use those crazy cool buttons that you just had to have (or use the boring ones like I did). 

They make a great gift too!  I made them for the kid's teachers last year for an end of the year present.  They were a hit!!  I even received emails from several other school employees who were willing to pay me to make them!!!  Awesome!  However, they are not to be made and sold.  I feel I must respect my fellow crafty bloggers so I sadly had to tell them I could not.  But I did forward them the pattern

Anyway, several friends and family wanted one too.  After months of being extremely lazy I have finally gotten around to making them. 


For my mommy. (Made a little larger to fit her favorite coffee joint's cup)
A wanted to model Nana's



For my little sis.  I'm not sure what happened,
 but I need to make her a new one. 
This one is almost 3" too short!


For my dearest friend.

If you enjoy a cup of coffee every now and then, make yourself one of these and watch how people stare at your creative brilliance.  They will want to covet thee cozy, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I can't wait for my coffee-cup cozy.... It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete