A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Join Me?


I came across Quilting for Peace on Amanda Soule's blog. It could not have come into the blog world at a better time. This February my Daisy Girl Scout Troop, along with all the other troops in our school, will be coming together for National Blanket Day. As a group, we will be making blankets for Project Linus. Our Project Linus area chapter will be donating the blankets to the sick and less fortunate children at Yale New Haven Hospital in CT. This will be our service event and many girls will receive petals and patches for completing their blankets, and most importantly a sense of pride, generosity and what it means to care for those less fortunate.

I thought I could make a quilt for the campaign above as well, and donate it on National Blanket Day. My original plan was to knit a crib sized blanket. Though if time will allow I may do both! I have a Sock Monkey Quilt Kit I purchased about 6 months ago and this is the perfect occasion to put it together. Wish me luck for I am a novice quilter. I am sure a tear or two shall be shed.

If you would like to join me and my Daisy Troop by donating a handmade blanket to Project Linus, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Another great Daisy idea! And 2/18 is Make a Blanket day! I'm really enjoying reading back through your blog.

    ReplyDelete