I was itching to post immediately but we left the very next morning for New Hampshire!
We had a lovely week. Before I begin, I must say how much I love New England. I especially am enamored with New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Sometimes I think it's weird that I would rather go to the woods than to Disney (sorry Jean!). The woods, that is home to me. I can remember walking in the woods as a child and being right at home, reading the Little House books and becoming Laura only to live on her farm and wash in the stream. (she did live in the big woods before the prairie) Yeah, yeah, yeah, there were some really hard times in those days, but oh the beauty and simplicity of it all. If I had a millions of dollars I'd by a farm, near the woods, some where in these states, any would be fine with me, but alas, for now I can only visit and hold on to the beauty of it.
We left Monday morning and arrived in Jackson NH around 3:00pm. We settled into our Hotel(condo), explored the grounds which has a little waterfall, stream, hiking trails, pools, and a fire pit where you can roast marshmallows every night at 7:00pm, we went to the grocery store to stock up on food, and then out to dinner.
Wednesday we went to Santa's Village. A beautiful day but a little chilly, thank goodness for those sweatshirts we bought at Story Land!
At the summit 6288 feet it was :
As we exited the car into the clouds, we were struck by winds sooo cold, oh my! The entire time we were on the summit we were in the clouds, so there was nothing to see but mist on the observation deck. They do have a little museum, shops, cafe etc. which we visited. Such history! As we were leaving we walked by quite a few hikers. Some had just arrived and were removing their wet clothes. Oh my goodness, I have never smelled anything so bad. J said "Daddy did you smell how bad those hikers smelled??" Oh yes we did!
We made our way back down the mountain and took some more pictures. We visited another museum across the street. We went to lunch and back to the pool for the afternoon. After dinner we did some packing to make our way back home Friday morning.
I'm already itching to go again! Next time a few extra days so we can hike in The White Mountains. (With the proper gear, lacking this time around)



Wow, what a great week in NH! Glad you had a good time. And welcome back to blogging.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a blast!! I remember going to Santa's Village when I was a kid (not sure if it was the same one or not). Glad you got your computer back and didn't loose many photos! yay!
ReplyDeletegreat pics!!! we did the exact same trip a few years ago. come visit ID, you'd love it!!
ReplyDelete