My goodness I have been gone from this space for quite some time now. As you may recall, my laptop was knocked to the floor(still seething... ). After that, it stopped working. The Husband had a feeling it was bad. After taking it to the Apple store our worst fears came true. It's the hard drive and everything on it is gone. We asked if there was anything they could do to save the pictures? We were told there was nothing they could do, however there are companies out there that will do it for a hefty price tag. My pictures are precious to me, but not thousands of dollars precious!
The good news is, we do do back ups at least once a month on an external hard drive, on occasions I take some time to up-load pictures to Shutterfly, and some are here on the blog as well. Thankfully when school ended I had uploaded tons of pictures to Shutterfly. We did some guessing as to the last time we did a back-up and we think, maybe, I didn't lose as many as I think. Oh I truly hope not!
So for now, I will be using my ipad and our very, very, very, very, oh sorry, very slow desktop to blog while I wait for my new hard drive.
I have so much to share!
P.S. Today we drove home from Maine and I took two Dramamine. If this post is disjointed and terribly written, it's because I can barely keep my eyes open. Probably should have waited till tomorrow to give you an update!
That's heartbreaking! I hate losing pictures. Glad it's not as many as you thought though.
ReplyDeleteOh, this all sounds very sad. I hope it's not too long a wait before your technology situation improves. Your story makes me remember that I need to back up my computer more frequently. Thanks for the cautionary tale!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you lost your pictures. Hopefully you have most of them backed up. The thought of loosing photo's makes me want to cry!! Hope you had a nice time in Maine!
ReplyDelete