A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, April 22, 2013

Today is...

Girl Scout Leaders Day!



Today I have been thanked by the Girl Scouts of The United States for being a leader.

I want to personally thank the Girl Scouts for giving me something I loved and looked forward to as a child.  

A big thank you to the women who were my leaders.

I want to thank my co-leaders, Janice and Julie, for helping to make the lives of the girls we work with that much richer.  

I also want to recognize, on this day, all the other women I know who lead their daughters and other girls with their own troops.  



That's me in the blue sweatshirt (second from left) at Girl Scout camp, 1983(?).  I want to thank my friend Jen (first on the left) for posting this picture on Facebook, otherwise I would not have it today.

1 comment:

  1. OMG what an awesome picture! You look like the most brave one of the group!

    ReplyDelete