A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day Surprises and Baby Bee

Valentines Day began with a big surprise from The Husband.  Usually we don't buy for each other so when I walked into the kitchen I was truly surprised by what I saw on the counter (and a little guilty because I only bought him a card!). I did ask him for a chihuahua so I'm guessing he wants me to forget I want a chihuahua or drown my sorrows.  Either way  I think he wants me drunk.  (I do love a glass of wine but it can't take the place of a chihuahua. It just can't!)


All three kids had their Valentines Day parties in their classrooms.  I went to C's first.  All of the children in there loved the baby.  Some thought she was C's sister.  I heard him telling the other children "That's my cousin."  One little girl kept telling me how cute she was and another poked her face (gently) about a hundred times!  I have to say Kindergartners are hilarious.  I laugh so much when I visit his classroom.  They do say the darndest things.  Next month I'll be doing a special literacy project with all 4 Kindergarten classrooms.  I have a feeling I will be having a very enjoyable day!


Next we visited J for a short minute.  


Finally we visited A.  This was the highlight of her day.  She must have talked about Baby Bee so much that when I walked into the classroom her teacher said "Here's the guest of honor."  And then every able bodied 4th grader came over to see her.  She was surrounded by so many children I couldn't see her face.  



It seems Baby Bee may be the best Valentines gift my children have received this year!  They love her so much and couldn't wait to share her with their classmates.  

3 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great valentine surprise! (My love of wine is well-documented, but I also get weak in the knees for Swedish Fish.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! If you need a friend to share your wine with I'm your woman!! It's not as fun drinking on my own!! He He, you laugh but it's true!

    ReplyDelete