A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Monday, February 11, 2013

A True Winter Wonderland

The snow began early Friday...


School was cancelled Thursday night.  It was a good call.


Pay no attention to the garbage cans.  (I said that like the Wizard of OZ!)



The kids wanted to play ASAP!  This was only the beginning and there is about 2 - 3 inches on the ground here.  The kids are using Snow Crayons from Auntie Karen.  


We woke to a winter wonderland on Saturday morning.  Here are our front steps. We wont be going in or out this door anytime soon!


Here are the paths the kids made while playing outside at least three times a day for three days.  


The snow has covered the swing seats.  

When all said and done there was 3' of snow on the ground! 


This is what Mogley thinks about the whole thing.  He's not impressed to say the least.  I on the other hand love it!  There is nothing as peaceful as a snow storm even a blizzard.  The world is so quiet when it snows.  Has anyone else noticed that?  How quiet everything is at the end of a snowstorm....

Today it rains.  Blah...

1 comment:

  1. Wow--looks like the kiddos are taking advantage! I have to confess I've been a little jealous of all these pictures I've been seeing of the storm. I love that "well, I guess we have to lay around and watch movies all day" air of a good snow day.

    ReplyDelete