A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, January 25, 2013

Rejoice!

The wallpaper is no more!


I did have to hire someone (thank you Lisa for the recommendation!).  There were two layers of wallpaper and I'm pretty sure it had been there for at least 30 years.  It took three men and eight hours to remove every last piece.  I'm so thankful!  We've been living with that wallpaper for six years!

Today I am off to find a new color for the walls.  I'm excited and scared.  I'm always afraid to make the wrong choice when it comes to paint.  Usually I'm happy but there have been some mistakes and no one wants to live with a color that makes them want to cry.  Right?

Here are a few I'm thinking about:

Benjamin Moore


Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm so happy for you & jealous at the same time :) I wish I could make my kitchen wallpaper disappear.... I love Tranquility & Sea Haze. Hope you post pictures of the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, wowowowowowowowowowow! I can't wait to see it all painted. What a difference with just removing that horrible wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete