Happy 2013!
Before I tell you about new years eve, I want to thank everyone who visits me here. I know my blog is kind of random. I write about this and that. This is not a sewing blog, or a cooking blog, or a gardening blog. It's my blog. A place I write about what's on my mind and share things about my family of five for my mom and sisters and my closest friends. And when others join the party, it feels wonderful and I'm heart warmed they enjoy what I have to share. So thank you, thank you. And please continue to take a look.
I'm beginning this year with the hope of a peaceful and joyful one. My one little word for 2013 is Faith. More on that later.
Now for the festivities::
We thought it would be fun for the kids to invite one friend to spend the night and ring in the new year. They began the afternoon with sledding in the backyard (we have a really awesome hill for sledding!). Once they came in the boys played video games and the girls played with their American Girl dolls. We ate lots food; veggies and ranch dip, cocktail weenies (always a favorite), bruschetta, shrimp cocktail, hot wings (for me and daddy), and some chips. For dessert we had cupcakes for the kids and carrot cake for Poppy's birthday.
We had sparkling cider to toast in the new year and watched the ball drop. (the boys didn't make it! Jeez! Boys......)
I wish you all a wonderful, happy, healthy, peaceful, and joyful 2013!
And the same to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Shelley!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. And I'm glad you're back online!
ReplyDelete