A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Today was a wonderfully peaceful day, full of nothing but my little family. We began the day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then we watched a little of the The National Dog show ( I watched until I saw the toy group hoping to see the Chihuahuas. However neither the long hair or the smooth hair won that group. Poo!)
Then we leisurely got ready to go to my sister-in-laws house for Thanksgiving dinner. Where again, we enjoyed the company of family and indulged in some very delicious food.
Without the hustle and bustle of preparing a meal, cleaning the house, hosting, etc. I found the quiet of the day allowed me to really think about what I am thankful for right now. As I watched my boys play football with their Uncle through the window, while A chitchatted with her Aunt, I thought about all I am thankful for and blessed with......
My children (I once only dreamed of), my husband (there is not enough I can say about him. He is very special), my mom and poppy, my sisters, my niece, my home, food, transportation, my dearest and closest friends, a yard where my children can play, a yard where I can garden and grow food, books, water, tea, coffee, for the knowledge I have acquired these past four years or so about food, health, and mindfulness, for the time I have to volunteer, for dates (both with my hubby and friends), for knitting, the public library, blankets, warm socks and warm p.j.'s, bread and butter!
Oh there is so much more, but it is late, and I am getting sleepy.
Although it is not easy to always feel as grateful and thankful as I do right now, I will pray that I have the strength to remain so.
Labels:
family,
gratitude,
thankfulness,
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment