A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Friday, March 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook :: Today

I found The Simple Woman's Daybook years ago but never participated online.  I did however use the prompts in my journals, dedicating one entirely to it.  It makes you stop and really pay attention to where you are in the moment.  By using the prompts, you have to take the time to look outside your window, to notice the weather, to think about what you are thankful for, and what you are wondering, just to name a few.  It's a nice way to give yourself  a few minutes to sit and think about you and to "notice".


So find a nice quiet place to sit, grab a cup of tea and start recording your own Daybook.


Here's mine:


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clouds, a bit chilly, and damp

I am thinking... about reading (all the books I want to read next), girl scout cookie booth sale tomorrow, and dinner

I am thankful... for the time I had to get things done in the past two days

In the kitchen... bean and cheese burritos

I am wearing... comfy clothes: UConn sweatshirt and pink yoga pants

I am creating... nothing at the moment but have quite a list of things to make

I am going... no where (and I like it!!)

I am wondering... when the sun will come out again!

I am reading... Season to Taste by Molly Birnbaum

I am hoping... for everyone to stay healthy

I am looking forward to... Sunday when we have nothing to do!

I am learning... about Ayurveda

Around the house... hanging new shades in the bedrooms, some new bedding for J, staining our new book shelves

A favorite quote for today... "Ah!  There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort" Jane Austen 

One of my favorite things... Shopping for things for the house

A few plans for the rest of the week: Girl Scout Cookie Booth Sale tomorrow morning

A peek into my day... here you are supposed to share a picture, I have nothing for today (I didn't even take out my camera once!)





Will you, or have you, participated in The Simple Woman's Daybook?


No comments:

Post a Comment