A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Project Linus 2012

We've just completed our annual Project Linus Event for the Girl Scouts in our area.  The girls arrived, signed in, received their Project Linus patch and directions for a no sew blanket, and got to work.  We had a total of 69 girls today.  With A making 2 extra blankets with Nana's help, we have a grand total of 71 blankets to donate this year!!  Not as many as last year but still a great amount which we know will be greatly appreciated by many families from surrounding hospitals.  
"Our girls" couldn't be happier or more proud.  I saw so many wonderfully giddy little girls today, it's a great feeling.  I honestly feel so proud of what we have done as a troop.  This year alone, we have created 20 Blessing Bags* for a homeless shelter, the 71 blankets for Project Linus, and we are in the middle of a Diaper Donation for a local community closet.  Today we received 30 packages of diapers (10 from one troop alone!  Every girl who came from this troop today to make a blanket, also donated a package of diapers!!)  Wow! 


The generosity is overwhelming.  


I am already looking forward to next years event.  


*I was greatly influenced by these blessing bags.  I shared the idea with my troop and we made a similar bag, containing similar items.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog and troop are an inspiration! I'll have to pick your brain before our Daisies become Brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventy-one! That's awesome! Way to go girls!

    ReplyDelete