Here are 10 ways to be gracious: (author and from where escapes me right now)
1. Being gracious is someone who is humble and desires to praise others.
2. Someone who is gracious would never seek out to embarrass another person deliberately.
3. A gracious individual is quick to say ‘thank you’ for even the smallest gesture.
4. Listening to the other person more than talking about yourself is gracious characteristic.
5. Not “one upping” someone or being spiteful is considered being gracious.
6. A gracious person makes a point of paying attention to others.
7. Consciously being mindful to say what is appropriate is a gracious choice.
8. A gracious person seeks out ways to make others feel comfortable and appreciated.
9. Being gracious means knowing you are not indispensable and respects everyone’s contribution.
10. To be gracious is to recognize the good in everyone and every situation as the first option.
Now comes the hard part. Being gracious when I haven't always been. It's going to be a challenge. One I will have to be conscious of every waking moment until it becomes my nature. I've heard it takes approximately 30 days to make or break a habit. 30 days is not too long, no?
(And quite a nice lesson for the children to learn too!)
Now comes the hard part. Being gracious when I haven't always been. It's going to be a challenge. One I will have to be conscious of every waking moment until it becomes my nature. I've heard it takes approximately 30 days to make or break a habit. 30 days is not too long, no?
(And quite a nice lesson for the children to learn too!)
amen!
ReplyDelete