A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Words I Want to Live By

..... there is a spiritual component to getting past such things ---what you're looking for here is grace, and offering forgiveness to those around you is going to help as much as anything.  Personally, I find that Buddhist practice is of help here.  The way not to live in the past is to practice mindfulness --- put your attention on where you are now.  The first step to forgiving others is to feel compassion for them.  Rather than feeling bitter over missed opportunities and past ill-use, chose to feel gratitude for the opportunities that weren't missed and the times that people and fate treated you kindly.


I want to feel the same way, everyday,  I did when I walked this very path on the Road to Hana, Hawaii.  I think the passage above would explain perfectly how I felt on that very day.  Living completely and totally "in the moment" nothing more, nothing less.


If only I could be so mindful and present "in the now" all the time......

No comments:

Post a Comment