Yesterday my first baby
turned ten. Yes, ten years old.
Sigh.....
We had a few surprises in store for him. I secretly asked a friend of J's mom to bring her son over to spend the afternoon with J and to have pizza and cake. For his gift this year, The Husband and I picked up a new basketball hoop with the help of Nana and Poppy. The Husband spent the day putting it together while J thought he was busy "cleaning the garage".
He was so surprised when we brought him outside to show him.
J has not changed much in the past year besides growing and looking a bit more "grown up"
He's still:
- lovable
- sweet
- kind
- sensitive
- a good friend
- a great brother
- a reader
- likes to draw
- loves video games and T.V.
- loves animals
- a good student
- still a goof ball!
Some things that have changed:
- wants to be outside all the time
- has become more confidant with some things and less with others (I'm guessing this is part of being 10??)
- although he has always liked sports, he's really into football this season
Happy Birthday my sweet boy.
Happy Birthday, J! And to his mama, too!
ReplyDeleteMmmm, Nana's famous chocolate cake? I make one that looks like that, it's Tex-Mex chocolate sheet cake.
happy birthday J!
ReplyDelete