A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

A blog dedicated to my Memere who lovingly called me her little chickadee

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blah

Lately I've had an "overwhelming sense of ickiness" (name that movie). Although last week I tried to get back into the swing of things with my poor little blog, I've lost the motivation again.    Maybe it's the awesomeness of the blogs I read?  The pretty headers, the intelligent and thoughtful writing?  Maybe I don't feel up to par?  I don't know?


I have been reminding myself why I blog day after day.  Reminding myself when the guilt was settling in for not posting. ("Why do I feel guilt???)  Anyway, besides blogging for my family and friends (especially family who do not get to see the kids all the time) I blog to keep a sort of diary of my interests and projects, I blog to support those blogs I really enjoy and their owners.  When I like a blog, or site, I often share it in a post.  I like the blogging "community"  I feel it connects people with similar interests.  I live in New England and can "talk" with a mom in New Zealand.  How else would I ever get the chance to "meet" someone from New Zealand?  It's not likely in my everyday life.  I also have met people close to home.  By joining Heather's 30 Day Vegan community last August I "met" Jamie.  We have much in common.  She lives a town over and we plan to meet in person soon.  What are the chances I would have met Jamie if it weren't for blogging?


Because of blogs, I became interested in Montessori Education and now have a diploma and can teach in a Montessori Preschool/Kindergarten program.  When I wrote about my experiences while working on my diploma, maybe someone who read about it became interested too?


These are the reasons why I love to blog. I know the passion will come back. I know I do not want to give up on my wee blog.  I know I will probably keep posting sporadically.


But for now, maybe a little break is necessary.










*The movie: Clueless

2 comments:

  1. If I won't have many of your posts to read for awhile, I'll catch up with the ones I've missed and be extra glad you're coming over tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been good about reading other blogs lately. I love mine for the fact that I have a record of the past 5 years of my life. Up and downs, etc. Hoping we can get together for coffee soon...

    ReplyDelete